Search This Blog

May 28, 2008

Stuck In The Middle by Womanist Musings


As a Woc I find myself often being pulled in two different directions. White women often try to play the sisterhood game and remind me why feminism is important. Black men are quick to remind me of the racism that we are subject to, as a reason why I should identify with civil rights movements, and or equity projects. Both white women and black men always seem to approach with their hands out ( in friendship they claim) when actuality they are both looking for something. It is never a neutral request, it is always a demand for solidarity, despite the fact that declaring so may be counter productive to my needs as a WOC. continue reading @womanist-musings

No comments:

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin