Search This Blog

April 26, 2008

Bell's fiancee: 'They killed Sean all over again'

A day after three New York police detectives were acquitted on all counts in the case of Sean Bell -- an unarmed man killed in a hail of 50 police gunshots -- his fiancee told supporters that the justice system let her down.

"On April 25, 2008, they killed Sean all over again," Nicole Paultre Bell told supporters at a rally organized by the Rev. Al Sharpton.

"That's what it felt like to us. That's what it felt like to us," she said Saturday. "Yesterday, they -- the justice system -- let me down. I gave them the benefit of the doubt," she said. "I'm still praying for justice because it's not over. It's far from over."

Bell spoke after Sharpton criticized the judge who acquitted the three officers, saying the case should have been heard by a jury. Continue reading

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just makes me so angry. I didnt know they didnt find any gun near Bell. I thought that he did have one, which still makes it wrong, but now that I know Bell didnt...and they didnt say they were cops. I mean. This is just sad. sad. sad. sad.

Beauty Is Diverse said...

The police used excessive force and should have been charged what makes it even worse is that one of the cops were black, another one was latino and the third was a white man.

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin