Search This Blog

January 1, 2010

Who Are You Meant to Be?


“Often we don't listen to who we're meant to be because we're so busy trying to live out someone else's ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.”
— Oprah

I like this quote from Oprah Winfrey because to many of us will allow others to define who we are, when we should be defining ourselves. We have control of our own destiny and no one else should.

Click here to an answer these 28 questions to help figure out what defines you.

Click here to view a great post written by Lisa over @ Black Women Blow The Trumpet titled "What's Your Ten Year Plan" developing yourself from the inside out.

12 comments:

KCSherri said...

Tiffany - thanks for visiting my blog today - and a great post about defining ourselves-so true!

Have a very Happy New Year!

LaTonya said...

Thanks for this post. Some people define me as "thats that nice girl". Sometimes this causes me headache because I want to go off on some people. I realize now how letting other people define you will cause headache and stress. Here is to a new year and me doing me.

Anonymous said...

GOOD POST ! HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Deanna Jackson said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :-)

MalibuMara said...

thanks for stopping by my blog :)
happy new year (:

zodiac said...

as a young person i can say that oprah's quote is the absolute truth. a lot of people my age act one way when alone but act another when around others because they feel like they are expected to be a certain person, i feel bad for people who arent comfotable enough in their own skin to let their true colors show, even some people try to define me but i pay their assumptions no mind because i know who i am, even though it took me some time to find the true essesnce of me and i still have more to figure out..great post

Anonymous said...

So true! Happy New Beginnings to ya!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog so much!

lookstylish.blogg.se

Unknown said...

That's a thought provoking quote. Each day I'm striving to be the person that I want to be. During high school, my years in undergrad & grad I found myself still trying to live up to family's expectations. I'm finding my balance. Its a journey & I know I will get there soon.

Dawn said...

It's the easy thing to do...to do what's expected of you...what everyone else is doing. It's hard to spread your wings and leave your own unique fingerprint on the world.

THE Chocolate Bride said...

Thanks for stopping by Chocolate Brides! LOVING this post right here. You have just gained a follower!

Anonymous said...

I love that quote. so true :)

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin