Search This Blog

January 14, 2010

R.I.P Teddy Pendergrass

Teddy Pendergrass, the seductive American rhythm-and-blues singer who continued his recording career after he was paralyzed in a 1982 car accident, has died at the age of 59, media reports said on Thursday.

Pendergrass's son, Teddy Pendergrass II, told the Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper that his father died on Wednesday at a Philadelphia-area hospital. He had undergone colon cancer surgery eight months ago and his son said he had a difficult recovery. Read full story here

5 comments:

Fly Girl said...

I couldn't believe he died at such a young age. He was truly an "R&B" icon.

Anonymous said...

RIP Teddy Pendergrass

My family and I send our condolences to the Pendergrass family.

Val said...

I have a bunch of his songs from the 70's on my ipod. He was a great singer.

Samantha Clarke said...

It's sad that we have to lose so many icons before their time.

RIP Teddy P.

bryna said...

very sad. RIP.

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin