Search This Blog

October 2, 2008

Obama tells Vibe readers 'I need you' in letter


Barack Obama has a message for the readers of Vibe: "I need you."
In a letter to be published in the November issue, the Democratic presidential candidate is given a page to address the readers of the urban music monthly magazine. In it, Obama urges them to register to vote, saying, "We are at a defining moment in our history."
"I am running for president to take this country in a new direction. But I can't do it alone. I need you," the letter reads. "Whether it's the first time, or the first time in a long time, I need you to register and vote on November 4."
Obama is featured on the cover of the magazine for the second time — the first was for the September 2007 issue. He also gets the endorsement of the magazine, the first presidential endorsement ever made by Vibe.
On the Net:
http://www.vibe.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow - this looks like a great issue to kick off your magazine collection with black subjects :) i think i'll pick this one up too.

btw i love the idea of collecting mags with people of colour on the front...i started collecting vintage mags (though i haven't added to it in a while) and have the 1969(or is it 72) issue of playboy that featured the first ever black woman on the cover! psyched when i found it for under $10 considering it is worth much more :) think i'll start collecting again

Beauty Is Diverse said...

Yes it does, I'm going to go through all my old ones and pick out my fav's then start framing them.

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin