Search This Blog

November 17, 2008

Crystal Windham Named General Motors First African American Female Director of Design


Crystal L. Windham (35) has been appointed Directorof General Motors North American Passenger Car Design as of November 1, 2008. In her new position, Windham will head the interior design for the following architectures in GM North America: Global Midsize Car, Global Compact Car, andGlobal Small Car.



Crystal, a lead designer on the 2008 award winning Chevy Malibu "Car of theYear", began her career at GM North America Design in 1994 and has held assignments across brand studios, including an International Assignment atAdam-Opel from 1997-1998.


"A mentor guided me towards automotive design. Without guidance and support from family and co-workers, I wouldn't be where I am today. I truly love my job- it's creative, expressive - but it is not easy. Enjoying what you do, however, makes it all worth while. I hope other young women will look to what I have done and be inspired to consider automotive design," she said.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is nice and all but isn't GM about to go bankrupt?

Beauty Is Diverse said...

I know that's the only part that sucks, they seem to be giving people high positions when the company/economy is about to crash.

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin