1) Before shampooing, I moisturize my hair and scalp with oil that I have warmed a bit. Not hot, just slightly warm. My favorite is Khoret Amen Hair Oil but you can borrow an idea from my friend, Jada, and use the Lisa's Hair Elixir. As I massage the warmed oil on my scalp and hair, I gently detangle, using a wide-tooth comb. It is best, when possible, to detangle hair while it is dry. It is more susceptible to breakage when it's wet. Gently comb the hair from the ends up to the roots.
2) Shampoo with either Khoret Amen Shampoo with Sea Moss or Rosemary Mint Shampoo with Sea Moss. Both condition the hair with nourishing seaweed. The essential oils of ylang-ylang, clary sage and bay in the Khoret Amen soften the hair and help to promote hair health. Rosemary Mint detangles with essential oil of rosemary and the peppermint wakes up your scalp.
3) Deep condition with the Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie. Apply to hair from roots to ends. Use your fingers to apply it and finger comb your hair to make sure it is evenly distributed. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes. If you are a little lazy like I am and you don't have time to detangle in step one, don't worry, the new smoothie formula will do the work for you. "Hello new recipe. Bye-bye tangles."
4) Apply the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner as a final conditioning step. You can also use the Khoret Amen Leave-Conditioner or Tui Leave-in Conditioner. I'm just addicted to the smell of the Black Vanilla.
5) Massage Khoret Amen Hair Oil into your scalp sparingly.
6) My last step is the application of my absolute, can't-live-without-it product. The Hair Milk. Hair Milk is the perfect lightweight moisturizer for so many different hair types and textures and it is just what the beautician ordered for perfect, soft curls. Squeeze about a quarter-size amount into the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and "scrunch" the product onto your hair, paying particular attention to the ends. Hair Milk's light blend of lemongrass and shea butter will define your natural curl and leave your hair soft and supple.
So that's the lowdown on my tresses. Peace.
Other tips just for reference: 1) Add shine instantly to dull, lifeless hair with a dime-size squeeze of Hair Balm. 2) Dry, brittle ends - soften them up with Some of Marguerite's Magic. 3)For in-between shampoo maintenance, touch up your curls with Hair Milk, if needed, after you get out of the shower.