Search This Blog

July 9, 2009

Afro Fest 2009 - Toronto


Music Africa presents Toronto’s 21st AFRO FEST, a celebration of African music and culture. FREE on Saturday July 11th and Sunday July 12th; at Queen’s Park from noon to 10:30 pm. Afrofest is a multi-focus event of song, dance, theatre, food, a marketplace, and activities for youth and children. Featuring traditional and contemporary styles of music by top international touring acts and dozens of African performing groups from across Canada. The festival has grown every year. In 2009, three different outdoor stages will come to life with music and dance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is beautiful.

ciaa said...

looking forward to the festival, This year Oumou sangare from Mali will be there on sunday at 8:30 pm
so will not miss that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fly Girl said...

What!? I've never even heard about this! Caribana gets all the publicity and hear Toronto has another African-centered fest that I'd love to go to. I'll keep this in mind for next year...

RainaHavock said...

Who is the woman in that picture? I keep seeing it everywhere!

Beauty Is Diverse said...

@Raina- The picture is from my own archives its Naoimi Campbell .

@Fly Girl- I've only been to it a few times. It may rain this weekend I hope it doesn't. And yes Caribana does get most of the attention

RainaHavock said...

@Ebony: Oh I was wondering! I thought it was Naomi but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! You all need to have more publicity about AFRO FEST I am just finding out about this on the
TTC by a African Canadian July 6.2009 so sad. Yes 4 sure I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

It's me again I went to Afro Fest as I stated before. the atmosphere was outstanding. However the food was toooooo EXPESIVE!!!!!!. As a suggestion for next year please suggest to food vendors that they offer a sample meal(not free) at a resonable price. One of the vendor offered this type of deal.

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin