September is ovarian cancer awareness month. To mark the occasion, the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund will host lunches at Governors' mansions and designated event spaces throughout the nation. First Ladies and Governors will participate in the Super Luncheon program. As our distinguished guest, you will hear a leading oncologist speak, meet those battling the disease, ovarian cancer survivors, community leaders, and other supporters like yourself.
OVARIAN CANCER: THE FACTS
Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death from gynecological cancers in the United States. Education is the most effective protection against ovarian cancer.
Ovarian cancer is the most serious of all gynecological cancers. Over 2500 Canadian women are diagnosed every year; and every year 1700 women succumb to this disease. Symptoms are varied, vague and easily missed.
OCRF teamed up with the top names in fashion and luxury to fight ovarian cancer. Please join us. Sales benefit ovarian cancer research.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Vague but persistent and unexplained gastrointestinal complaints
- Pelvic and/or abdominal swelling or pain; bloating and/or feeling of fullness
- Unexplained change in bowel habits
- Frequency and/or urgency of urination
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- New and unexplained abnormal postmenopausal vaginal bleeding