Search This Blog

September 7, 2009

The Conversation by Hill Harper

“In his first book for adults, Hill Harper offers a clear-eyed perspective as he tackles a harrowing crisis in the African-American community: the lack of substantial, long-term relationships between men and women. THE CONVERSATION (Gotham Books; on sale September 8, 2009; $22.50): a long-overdue discussion about a seldom-voiced threat to the African-American family. Click here and let’s get THE CONVERSATION started.”


The 1st 3 readers who comment on this post and email their contact information to me, will receive a free copy of this book. { Contest is now closed, winners have been notified }

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!
I'm a big fan of Hill Harper, though it's hard for me to find his stuff here in Brazil.

Am I off limits (living in Brazil)? Can I still receive a free copy? Please? :-)

Anyway, nice blog.

Beauty Is Diverse said...

@ Luizarocha ufes- Send me your contact/mailing address.

ebony.luxe@gmail.com

JadaGyrl said...

I had heard a while back that Hill Harper was planning to write this book. I'm excited to hear what he has to say. He seems to be very thoughtful in his analysis and it's refreshing to see a relatively young, highly educated black man show interest in preserving and edifying the bc. I'm excited to see the conversations that arise from this book and I hope it lives up to (at least) my expectations.

Fly Girl said...

Hill Harper has been discussing the plight of the black family and the lack of black relationships for awhile. I'd love to read his analysis of the situation.

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin