Search This Blog

June 7, 2008

Clinton endorses Obama, calls for party unity

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton said Saturday "we need to do all we can" to help elect Sen. Barack Obama the next president of the United States.

Her endorsement was met with a scattering of boos and thumbs downs from the large crowd at the National Building Museum in Washington.

"The way, the way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passions, our strengths and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama, the next president of the United States," she said of her former rival for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him. and I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me." source

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i watched this on cnn today and was so happy...like soooo happy! i only hope americans make the right choice this time around!

p.s. you've been tagged! by me :o) see my blog for the rules - no pressure!

Beauty Is Diverse said...

I'll check out the rules...

ShareThis

ShareThis
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin